Here’s the thing, I’ve spent the last 10 years studying what makes a photography business successful. So when you hear what I am about to tell you, know that it comes from experience (and love)…
Let’s chat about WHY your Portfolio page is helping you lose money,
Organize your pages by specific session types (think family, newborn, wedding, etc)
Another easy change you can make right now, create short + sweet blog posts about recent sessions
Why I recommend this
• Being intentional with the keywords you use in the blog post will catch the attention of search engines like Google, which is what helps you get to that page one ranking.
• Adding a call-to-action button at the bottom of the post, makes it super easy for your clients to go from blog → booking.
• You can easily share your recent fave images without having to constantly go in and clean up and update a portfolio page.
• Plus, a blog post gives you an easy opportunity to show your potential client a little of your amazing personality. Short and sweet blog posts are the perfect way to let your audience get to know your style and your voice.
• Blogs make it so simple to engage your audience and guide them from one blog post to another (there are usually a couple of arrows at the bottom of each post guiding you to the next/previous posts). More engagement via clicks also helps with your SEO by showing that audiences find your content interesting.
• Blog posts are automatically 3 marketing pieces in 1. A single blog post can be shared not only on your website but on your socials (like IG and Pinterest) and even with your email list. Now, remember, the goal isn’t to get as many views as possible on your blog, it’s to create a gallery of stories and images that all your clients can see why you are so amazing at what you do. Make it short and sweet and definitely add a touch of your personality, make sure your clients have access to those most recent posts throughout your site via Call-to-action buttons or direct links.
I’m a Cali girl with a touch of southern roots, currently falling in love with Oregon. I’ve been known to wildly chase dreams, especially the “crazy ones” … Ask me about that time I made my family travel the US in an RV for almost 3 years!
After a decade of running a successful photography business, even while traveling full-time, I realized, almost by accident, that my real love is helping other small biz owners navigate through the usual hang-ups that come with running a business. From custom branding + web design to business organization + marketing, I am with you every step of the way. Helping others reach their dreams is my love language (well, that and chips), so what dreams are you holding out on? ‘Cause I’m ready to show you how you can make them a reality!