We all know that getting your clients to leave you a testimonial is a huge way to show other potential clients how awesome you are. There’s nothing better than having a client rave about you and the services you offer
But…sometimes it’s hard to ask the right questions that get you the kind of responses you can copy and paste directly.
Clients don’t have the time to read through a long survey with a bunch of questions, but you still want to get honest & thoughtful responses from them that you can use on your website, social media, and marketing pieces.
One other note is that I always like to let my clients know how long they should expect to spend completing my survey. A quick note saying, “it would mean the world to me if you could take a quick 5–10 mins out of your day to complete my short 3-question survey to let me know about your experience.” Goes a long way to making sure your clients set aside time to actually finish your survey.
So I’m going to share with you my super easy 3 question survey that I share with every single client after their project is done.
1. Tell me all about your favorite part of your session or experience?
-this is a great starter question because it helps the client really focus on all the things they loved about their experience with you.
2. Did you feel all your expectations were met when it came to your vision for your session?
-I love this question because as business owners we want to make sure we get honest feedback from our clients. Honest feedback can help us to create the best brand and business possible. That’s where this question comes in handy, it gives your client the opportunity to tell you where you exceeded expectations and even where you may have fallen a bit short, but all in a way that is constructive, honest, and kind.
3. How would you describe your experience with me to your best friend?
– I know I said I love the last question, but I really love this one. I’ve been asking clients this question for years and I always get the best responses. I mean, what a great way to hear all the sweet things your client says about you when you aren’t around.
* May I share your answers to help others who may be considering working with me?
– you always want to add this last piece. I include it, just to make sure you have your client’s permission to share their testimonials.
Another cool thing about this client experience survey is that it’s so short and sweet, your clients will be completing it easily within days of receiving it. I have an average turnaround time of 1 week for all of my surveys.
PRO TIP: Including links to your business on Google + FB for client reviews, makes it super easy for clients to drop you some sweet words on those important platforms as well.
Want to see my own personal client experience survey in action? Here is a most recent client response.